ENERGY-EFFICIENT BUILDING REFURBISHMENT IN EUROPE (REHOUSE)
The focus of the project REHOUSE is to increase in the scope and productivity of the renovation process, the improvement of comfort and satisfaction of the building inhabitants and users, and the increased use of integrated solutions for the decentralized generation of renewable energy.
Over the course of next 4 years the project will develop 8 innovative and holistic solutions for efficient, cost-effective, and sustainable renovation processes. The solutions will be deployed across 4 demo sites in Greece, Italy, France, and Hungary respectively. This will include detailed designs, pilot set-up and demonstrations to validate the solutions. If proven successful, the renovation solutions can be introduced to the market, implemented on a large scale, and eventually contribute to speeding up the current renovation rate.
In addition, REHOUSE will:
- augment the uptake of industrialized technology solutions,
- support the digitization of the construction industry,
- apply circular principles across the whole value chain,
- introduce the use of safe, sustainable, and secondary raw material in the industry,
- attain recycling, reuse, and efficient waste management in the field of renovation.
As a project partner, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum coordinates the communication activities and the dissemination of the project results. We are responsible for some exploitation activities with the objective to enable market access and a broad application.
- Project name acronym: REHOUSE
- Funding Institution: European Commission, Horizon Europe
- Funding budget for all partners: 10 Mio. EUR
- Participating countries: France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, Switzerland
- Project Duration: 10/2022 – 09/2026