Creative urban development as a breeding ground for culture & creative industries (RESTART4Danube)
Cities face the challenge of developing a culture that creates synergies between public and private actors. Such synergies are important to promote SMEs and to support the development of creative urban communities.
The RESTART4Danube project addressed these challenges and aimed to improve the framework conditions and policies in the Danube Region. A regional and local Smart Specialization Strategy (S3) for a new model of urban development included the culture & creative industries. The implementation of five Local Action Plans (LAPs) foreseed to stimulate transnational collaboration and promote networking across the Danube Region. Among other things, various platforms have been created for public authorities to discuss and exchange ideas.
Steinbeis Europa Zentrum supported as project partner the capitalisation and strategy recommendation as well as communication.
- Project name acronym: Restart4Danube
- Funding: European Commission, Interreg Danube Region
- Funding budget for all partners: 1.8 Mio. Euro
- Participating countries: Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Germany, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Ukraine, Moldova, Serbia, Estonia
- Project duration: 07/2020 – 12/2022
Keywords: Urban development, creative industries, sustainability, regeneration