Strategies for mitigation and adaptation to climate change risks (DISTENDER)
The DISTENDER project develops a methodological framework to bring together adaptation and mitigation strategies against the risks of climate change and to enable their creation through participatory processes of those involved in decision-making. Based on localized information from six main case studies at national, regional, and local levels, as well as various mathematical models, quantitative and qualitative analyses are conducted. Taking into account cross-sectoral impacts at different levels, these analyses facilitate the understanding of interactions, synergies and trade-offs between different possible strategies. Accompanied by five follower case studies, the knowledge generated will be made available through a digital decision support system, thus enabling further cities and regions to plan their climate change strategies in a transversal and interdisciplinary way.
As a project partner, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum supports the implementation of the dissemination, communication and exploitation strategy through targeted networking activities at local, regional and international level as well as through exchange with other EU projects on socio-economic risks of climate change in Europe.
- Project name acronym: DevelopIng STratEgies by integrating mitigatioN, aDaptation and participation to climate changE Risks (DISTENDER)
- Funding Institution: European Commission, Horizon Europe
- Funding budget for all partners: 6,4 M EUR
- Participating countries: Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, Portugal, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Project Duration: 06/2022-11/2025
Keywords: Adaptation to climate change, mitigation, climate risk, decision support, foresight, cities and regions