Network for forestry stakeholders expands focus to digital topics (ROSEWOOD 4.0)
ROSEWOOD4.0 was builded on the existing ROSEWOOD network, which was initiated in 2018 in the frame of a Horizon 2020 project. ROSEWOOD4.0 expanded the established network both geographically and with regard to tools and solutions.
With the EU project ROSEWOOD4.0, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum has established a platform for technology and knowledge transfer for innovative and digital timber and forestry. 21 partners from 18 countries contributed to this extensive knowledge platform with 279 best practices and innovations on digital solutions, including five competence centers in five regions, so-called hubs for wood mobilization, which coordinated the project activities together with Steinbeis. In addition, 100 EIP-AGRI Practice Abstracts and five roadmaps were developed for five regions.
The focus was placed on digital solutions and tools for knowledge transfer and the improvement of education and training in the forestry sector. A wide range of innovations have been made available through the identification and provision of best practices. This way, knowledge exchange between stakeholders in the forestry sector throughout Europe have been supported. By disseminating ICT solutions for the forestry and wood industries, ROSEWOOD4.0 aimed to increase their competitiveness and support rural development in the context of the European bioeconomy.
Five regions were participating in the ROSEWOOD4.0 network, each of which was represented by a competence centre, a so-called wood mobilisation hub, that coordinated the regional project activities.
As project coordinator, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum was responsible for the coordination, the administrative project management and the development of new business ideas and models.
- Project name acronym: ROSEWOOD4.0
- Funding Institution: European Commission
- Funding Budget for all partners: 2 M EUR
- Participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine
- Project duration: 01/2020 – 12/2021
- Knowledge platform for forest innovation: Forest innovation hubs knowledge platform | Rosewood (rosewood-network.eu)
- Good Practices of ROSEWOOD4.0 published by Agricultural Innovation Partnership (EIP-AGRI) Database: 0 - EU NETWORK OF REGIONS ON SUSTAINABLE WOOD MOBILISATION READY FOR DIGITALISATION | EIP-AGRI (europa.eu)
- Roadmaps: Roadmaps – Rosewood4.0 (rosewood-network.eu)
- Training: Training – Rosewood4.0 (rosewood-network.eu)
- Videos: 0 Network - YouTube