Fuel Cells HydroGen educatiOnal model for schools (FCHgo!)
To support FCH education in classrooms, the EU project FCHgo! will work on new forms of energy science education that take into account the cognitive tools of pupils at various stages of development and employ narrative forms to illustrate physical and chemical principles. Can energy be "renewed"? What happens in a fuel cell car? The teaching toolkit developed in the project includes games, stories, animations, and instructions for role-playing that creatively teach renewable energy. The toolkit was tested in practice in several pilot lessons at schools in a total of five European countries, including Germany. In addition, the international FCHgo competition invited students to develop their own creative project and demonstrate their inventive spirit.
The Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum was responsible for the communication of the project activities and accompanied the dissemination and exploitation of the results. Furthermore, the Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum coordinated testing the FCHgo school materials in grades 1 to 6 at selected German schools.
- Project name acronym: FCHgo! - Discover the energy of hydrogen
- Funding: European Commission, Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking
- Funding amount for all partners: 500,000 EUR
- Participating countries: Denmark, Germany, Italy, Poland and Switzerland
- Project duration: 01/2019 - 06/2020