Enabling AI-at-the-Edge Transformation of manufacturing SMEs
The pan-European network of Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) promoted by the AI REGIO project will be updated and expanded in AI REDGIO 5.0 project to enable competitive AI-at-the-Edge digital transformation of Industry 5.0 Manufacturing SMEs. The project partners offer test-before-invest experiments in AI Didactic Factories and TEF (Testing and Experimentation Facilities) for SME-driven applications.
The starting point of AI REDGIO 5.0 is composed by the results of AI REGIO project
- Methods and tools for DIHs governance and cross-DIH collaboration
- Data Space and AI for Manufacturing toolkit
- Didactic Factories network and TERESA facilities
- SME-driven experimentations in 13 Vanguard regions
Similar to AI REGIO, SMEs can apply for funding in two rounds of calls and win a grant of 60,000 euros for their own experiments. The focus is on the application of artificial intelligence in production and the creation of a continuous data space between edge and cloud in Industry 5.0.
Outcomes expected from AI REDGIO 5.0
- Transition towards Industry 5.0, where manufacturing will be based on active human-robot collaboration
- Implementation of new technologies along the edge-to-cloud continuum for digital sovereignty of machines
- Support of EU open-source hardware and software reference implementations for trustworthy, preserving EU ethical principles
- Interconnection with the EDIH network, AI TEF (Testing and Experimentation Facilities) nodes and the embryonic Data Spaces deployments, favouring collaboration corridors and cross-border SME-to-SME experimentations
43 project partners from 18 countries will facilitate the transition from regional DIHs to a network of EDIHs in AI for manufacturing. At the same time they support the transition towards sustainability, through the ecosystem development.
- Project Akronym: AI REDGIO 5.0
- Funding: European Commission, Horizon 2020
- Funding budget for all partners: 7,5 Mio. EUR
- Project duration: 01/2023 – 12/2025
- Participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
Keywords: Artificial Intelligence, European Digital Innovation Hubs, Manufacturing SMEs