European CommissionSmart Cities Marketplace@Smart City Expo World Congress 2022
As lead partner for communication of the Smart Cities Marketplace, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum together with Scalable Cities implemented the joint stand of the European Smart Cities and Communities projects at the Smart City World Congress 2022 in Barcelona. From 15-17 November, visitors were able to learn about innovative solutions of different smart city projects in presentations at the stand and in the Agora sessions. 70 experts informed about solutions from European cities to pave the way to climate neutrality.
The Smart City Expo World Congress 2022 attracted over 20,000 physical visitors and 21,000 online participants, from more than 134 countries. Over three days, visitors could expect more than 400 speakers and 853 exhibitors.
The project partners sum up with important insights:
- A new way of thinking is necessary. Working in silos is no longer an option. All actors in the urban landscape need to be involved.
- There is a need to bring innovation to the market and move from single innovation to the whole city.
- Things need to remain simple and manageable. If we want to finance carbon neutrality in Europe, we need to make it happen in small and medium-sized cities.
- There is a need for coherence, consistency and cooperation across the various initiatives and services under the umbrella of the European Commission, so that city governments can use the available opportunities as effectively as possible.
- “Acting now!” supersedes the principle of innovation: cutting edge is not what’s needed, but effective support to act now with the proven solutions and approaches available.
- 850 exhibitors at Smart City Expos World Congress 2022
- 400 speakers at the fair
- 134 involved countries
- 70 speakers on the stand
- 30 projects on the stand
- 30 matchmaking meetings at the stand