Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply (HORIZON EUROPE)
This Destination includes activities targeting a sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply. In line with the scope of cluster 5, this includes activities in the areas of renewable energy; energy system, grids and storage; as well as Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS).
This destination contributes to the activities of the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) and its implementation working groups.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy136 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations;
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Affordable and clean energy.
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “More efficient, clean, sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply through new solutions for smart grids and energy systems based on more performant renewable energy solutions”, notably through
- Fostering European global leadership in affordable, secure and sustainable renewable energy technologies and services by improving their competitiveness in global value chains and their position in growth markets, notably through the diversification of the renewable services and technology portfolio (more detailed information below).
- Ensuring cost-effective uninterrupted and affordable supply of energy to households and industries in a scenario of high penetration of variable renewables and other new low carbon energy supply. This includes more efficient approaches to managing smart and cyber-secure energy grids and optimisation the interaction between producers, consumers, networks, infrastructures and vectors (more detailed information below).
- Accelerating the development of Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) as a CO2 emission mitigation option in electricity generation and industry applications (including also conversion of CO2 to products).
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 16.01.2024
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-01: Alternative equipment and processes for advanced manufacturing of PV technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-02: Low-power PV
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-03: Demonstration of improved intermediate renewable energy carrier technologies for transport fuels
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-04: Improvement of light harvesting and carbon fixation with synthetic biology and/or bio-inspired//biomimetic pathways for renewable direct solar fuels production
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-05: Development of carbon fixation technologies for biogenic flue gases
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-06: Innovative applications/integration of geothermal heating and cooling in industry
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-07: Development of hydropower equipment for improving techno-economic efficiency and equipment resilience in refurbishment situations
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-08: Demonstration of sustainable wave energy farms
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-09: Africa-EU CO-FUND action
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-10: Next generation of renewable energy technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-11: AI Testing and Experimentation Facility (TEF) for the energy sector – bringing technology to the market
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-12: Energy Management Systems for flexibility services
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-13: DC and AC/DC hybrid transmission and distribution systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-14: Condition & Health Monitoring in Power Electronics (PE) - Wide Band Gap PE for the energy sector
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-15: HVAC, HVDC and High-Power cable systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-16: Demonstration of innovative pumped storage equipment and tools in combination with innovative storage management systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D3-01-17: Development and integration of advanced software tools in SCADA systems for High, Medium and Low voltage AC/DC hybrid systems
Gesamtbudget für die Destination im Jahr 2024: 407 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.