Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply (HORIZON EUROPE)
This Destination includes activities targeting a sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply. In line with the scope of cluster 5, this includes activities in the areas of renewable energy; energy system, grids and storage; as well as Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS).
This destination contributes to the activities of the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) and its implementation working groups.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy136 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations;
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Affordable and clean energy.
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “More efficient, clean, sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply through new solutions for smart grids and energy systems based on more performant renewable energy solutions”, notably through
- Fostering European global leadership in affordable, secure and sustainable renewable energy technologies and services by improving their competitiveness in global value chains and their position in growth markets, notably through the diversification of the renewable services and technology portfolio (more detailed information below).
- Ensuring cost-effective uninterrupted and affordable supply of energy to households and industries in a scenario of high penetration of variable renewables and other new low carbon energy supply. This includes more efficient approaches to managing smart and cyber-secure energy grids and optimisation the interaction between producers, consumers, networks, infrastructures and vectors (more detailed information below).
- Accelerating the development of Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) as a CO2 emission mitigation option in electricity generation and industry applications (including also conversion of CO2 to products).
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 10.10.2023
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-03-01: Increasing the efficiency of innovative static energy conversion devices for electricity and heat/cold generation
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-03-02: Integration of renewable gases, other than hydrogen or methane, and which have not access to gas grids and interfacing with electricity and heat sectors
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-03-03: System approach for grid planning and upgrade in support of a dominant electric mobility (vehicles and vessels) using AI tools
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-03-04: Digital tools for enhancing the uptake of digital services in the energy market
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-03-05: Creation of a standardised and open-source peer-to-peer energy sharing platform architecture for the energy sector
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-03-06: Components and interfacing for AC & DC side protection system – AC & DC grid: components and systems for grid optimisation
Gesamtbudget für die Destination im Jahr 2023: 616 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.