Safe, Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods (HORIZON EUROPE)
This Destination includes activities addressing safe and smart mobility services for passengers and goods.
Europe needs to manage the transformation of supply-based transport into safe, resilient and sustainable transport and demand-driven, smart mobility services for passengers and goods. Suitable research and innovation will enable significant safety, environmental, economic and social benefits by reducing accidents caused by human error, decreasing traffic congestion, reducing energy consumption and emissions of vehicles, increasing efficiency and productivity of freight transport operations. To succeed in this transformation, Europe’s ageing (and not always sustainable) transport infrastructure needs to be prepared for enabling cleaner and smarter operations.
Europe needs also to maintain a high-level of transport safety for its citizens. Resilience should be built in the transport systems to prevent, mitigate and recover from disruptions. Research and innovation will underpin the three safety pillars: technologies, regulations and human factors.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy288 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations.
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Smart and sustainable transport.
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “Safe, seamless, smart, inclusive, resilient and sustainable mobility systems for people and goods thanks to user-centric technologies and services including digital technologies and advanced satellite navigation services”, notably through:
- Accelerating the implementation of innovative connected, cooperative and automated mobility (CCAM) technologies and systems for passengers and goods
- Further developing a multimodal transport system through sustainable and smart long-haul and urban freight transport and logistics, upgraded and resilient physical and digital infrastructures for smarter vehicles and operations, for optimised system-wide network efficiency
- Drastically decreasing the number of transport accidents, incidents and fatalities towards the EU’s long-term goal of moving close to zero fatalities and serious injuries by 2050 even in road transportation (Vision Zero) and increase the resilience of transport systems
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 05.09.2023:
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-01: User-centric development of vehicle technologies and solutions to optimise the on-board experience and ensure inclusiveness (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-02: Generation of scenarios for development, training, virtual testing and validation of CCAM systems (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-03: Infrastructure-enabled solutions for improving the continuity or extension of Operational Design Domains (ODDs) (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-04: Integrating European diversity in the design, development and implementation of CCAM solutions to support mobility equity (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-05: CCAM effects on jobs and education, plans for skills that match the CCAM development, and prerequisites for employment growth (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-06: Zero-emission e-commerce and freight delivery and return choices by retailers, consumers and local authorities
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-07: Operational automation to support multimodal freight transport
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-08: Future-proof GHG and environmental emissions factors for accounting emissions from transport and logistics operations
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-09: Climate resilient and safe maritime ports
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-10: Better infrastructure safety on urban and secondary rural roads throughout a combination of adaptable monitoring and maintenance solutions
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-11: Aviation safety - Uncertainty quantification for safety and risk management
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-12: New ways of reducing serious injuries and the long-term consequences of road crashes
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D6-01-13: Support for dissemination events in the field of Transport Research
Gesamtbudget für die Destination im Jahr 2023: 108,5 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.