Safe, Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods (Horizon Europe)
This Destination includes activities addressing safe and smart mobility services for passengers and goods.
Europe needs to manage the transformation of supply-based transport into safe, resilient and sustainable transport and demand-driven, smart mobility services for passengers and goods. Suitable research and innovation will enable significant safety, environmental, economic and social benefits by reducing accidents caused by human error, decreasing traffic congestion, reducing energy consumption and emissions of vehicles, increasing efficiency and productivity of freight transport operations. To succeed in this transformation, Europe’s ageing (and not always sustainable) transport infrastructure needs to be prepared for enabling cleaner and smarter operations.
Europe needs also to maintain a high-level of transport safety for its citizens. Resilience should be built in the transport systems to prevent, mitigate and recover from disruptions. Research and innovation will underpin the three safety pillars: technologies, regulations and human factors.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy227 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations.
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Smart and sustainable transport.
What is the goal to be achieved?
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “Safe, seamless, smart, inclusive, resilient and sustainable mobility systems for people and goods thanks to user-centric technologies and services including digital technologies and advanced satellite navigation services”:
- Accelerating the implementation of innovative connected, cooperative and automated mobility (CCAM) technologies and systems for passengers and goods (more detailed information below).
- Further developing a multimodal transport system through sustainable and smart long-haul and urban freight transport and logistics, upgraded and resilient physical and digital infrastructures for smarter vehicles and operations, for optimised system-wide network efficiency (more detailed information below).
- Drastically decreasing the number of transport accidents, incidents and fatalities towards the EU’s long-term goal of moving close to zero fatalities and serious injuries by 2050 even in road transportation (Vision Zero) and increase the resilience of transport systems (more detailed information below).
Call topics for 2022
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-01: Logistics networks integration and harmonisation through operational connectivity to optimise freight flows and drive logistics to climate neutrality
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-02: Urban logistics and planning: anticipating urban freight generation and demand including digitalisation of urban freight
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-03: Smart enforcement for resilient, sustainable and more efficient transport operations
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-04: Accelerating the deployment of new and shared mobility services for the next decade
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-05: Advanced multimodal network and traffic management for seamless door-to-door mobility of passengers and freight transport
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-06: Smart and efficient ways to construct, maintain and decommission with zero emissions from transport infrastructure
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-07: New concepts and approaches for resilient and green freight transport and logistics networks against disruptive events (including pandemics)
Gesamtbudget für die Destination 6: 380 MEUR
Destination 6 im Funding & Tenders Portal mit Auflistung der Call Topics im Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22 finden Sie hier.
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2021-2022) finden Sie hier.