Interreg Mitteleuropa (2. Call)
The program supports cooperation beyond borders on a wide range of topics for a smarter, greener, better connected, and more integrated central Europe.
The funding focuses on developing and piloting solutions, building capacities and facilitating knowledge transfer. It can prepare but not finance large investments.
The second call will open on 22nd of March 2023, with a deadline on the 17th of May.
This call will be dedicated to a new kind of Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE project. These projects are expected to be highly innovative. They should test concrete solutions through pilot actions on a small scale. Or focus on new approaches to integrated territorial development (e.g. to improve multi-level governance processes by better integrating policy sectors and better involving citizens).
Thematically, the second call will be focused, also taking into account the territorial and thematic coverage of projects selected in the first call for proposals.
With an indicative budget of around 10 million EUR ERDF, the call will specifically target projects and partnerships with a smaller size and a shorter duration. Pioneer projects should make use of existing tools and methods, with limited preparatory work.
4 funding priorities
- COOPERATING FOR A SMARTER CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that enhance innovation capacities and encourage the uptake of advanced technologies, build capacities for smart specialisation, industrial transition and entrepreneurship. The indicative budget for this priority in the first call is EUR 22 million.
- COOPERATING FOR A GREENER CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that address environmental challenges in central Europe and help increasing energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy, and encourage sustainable urban mobility. The indicative budget for this priority in the first call is EUR 36 million.
- COOPERATING FOR A BETTER CONNECTED CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that improve transport connections of rural and peripheral regions in central Europe and enhance sustainable, intelligent and intermodal transport, including connections to TEN-T corridors. The indicative budget for this priority in the first call is EUR 7 million.
- IMPROVING GOVERNANCE FOR COOPERATION IN CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that improve capacities of public authorities on all territorial levels for setting up and implementing integrated territorial development strategies through cooperation. The indicative budget for this priority in the call is EUR 7 million.