Interreg Mitteleuropa (1. Call)
The program supports cooperation beyond borders on a wide range of topics for a smarter, greener, better connected, and more integrated central Europe.
The funding focuses on developing and piloting solutions, building capacities and facilitating knowledge transfer. It can prepare but not finance large investments.
The first call for project proposals is open in all programme priorities and all specific objectives of the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme 2021-27. Transnational cooperation actions are expected to address the development and implementation of strategies and action plans, cooperations, pilot actions and related solutions. All actions will have to respect environmental sustainability principles and also horizontal principles of equality and non-discrimination.
4 funding priorities
- COOPERATING FOR A SMARTER CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that enhance innovation capacities and encourage the uptake of advanced technologies, build capacities for smart specialisation, industrial transition and entrepreneurship. The indicative budget for this priority in the first call is EUR 22 million.
- COOPERATING FOR A GREENER CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that address environmental challenges in central Europe and help increasing energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy, and encourage sustainable urban mobility. The indicative budget for this priority in the first call is EUR 36 million.
- COOPERATING FOR A BETTER CONNECTED CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that improve transport connections of rural and peripheral regions in central Europe and enhance sustainable, intelligent and intermodal transport, including connections to TEN-T corridors. The indicative budget for this priority in the first call is EUR 7 million.
- IMPROVING GOVERNANCE FOR COOPERATION IN CENTRAL EUROPE
- Funding for projects that improve capacities of public authorities on all territorial levels for setting up and implementing integrated territorial development strategies through cooperation. The indicative budget for this priority in the call is EUR 7 million.