Efficient, sustainable and inclusive energy use (Horizon Europe)
Demand side solutions and improved energy efficiency are among the most cost effective ways to support the transition to climate neutrality, reduce pollution and raw materials use, to create inclusive growth and employment in Europe, to bring down costs for consumers, to reduce our import dependency and redirect investments towards smart and sustainable infrastructure. The transition to a decentralised and climate neutral energy system will greatly benefit from the use of digital technologies which will enable buildings and industrial facilities to become inter-active elements in the energy system by optimising energy consumption, distributed generation and storage and vis-à-vis the energy system. They will also trigger new business opportunities and revenue streams for up-graded, innovative energy services which valorise energy savings and flexible consumption.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy161 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations.
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Affordable and clean energy;
- Circular and clean economy.
What is the goal to be achieved?
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to the “Efficient and sustainable use of energy, accessible for all is ensured through a clean energy system and a just transition”, notably through
- Technological and socio-economic breakthroughs for achieving climate neutrality and the transition to zero pollution of the building stock by 2050, based on inclusive and people-centric R&I.
- Increased energy efficiency in industry and reducing industry’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and air pollutant emissions through recovery, upgrade and/or conversion of industrial excess (waste) heat and through electrification of heat generation.
Call topics for 2022
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-01: Designs, materials and solutions to improve resilience, preparedness & responsiveness of the built environment for climate adaptation (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-02: Solutions for the sustainable, resilient, inclusive and accessible regeneration of neighbourhoods enabling low carbon footprint lifestyles and businesses (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-03: Sustainable and resource-efficient solutions for an open, accessible, inclusive, resilient and low-emission cultural heritage: prevention, monitoring, management, maintenance, and renovation (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-04: Smart-grid ready and smart-network ready buildings, acting as active utility nodes (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-05: More sustainable buildings with reduced embodied energy / carbon, high life-cycle performance and reduced life-cycle costs (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-06: Support to the activities of technology areas of the SET Plan: Action dedicated to energy efficiency in industry
Gesamtbudget für die Destination 4: 244 MEUR
Destination 4 im Funding & Tenders Portal mit Auflistung der Call Topics im Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22 finden Sie hier.
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2021-2022) finden Sie hier.