Climate sciences and responses for the transformation towards climate neutrality - one stage (Horizon Europe)
The activities implemented under this section will enable the transition to a climate-neutral and resilient society and economy through improving the knowledge of the Earth system and the ability to predict and project its changes under different natural and socio-economic drivers, including a better understanding of society’s response and behavioural changes, and allowing a better estimation of the impacts of climate change and the design and evaluation of solutions and pathways for climate change mitigation and adaptation and related social transformation.
What is the goal to be achieved?
This Destination contributes directly to the Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientation C ”Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems” and the impact area “Climate change mitigation and adaptation”.
In line with the Strategic Plan, the overall expected impact of this Destination is to contribute to the “Transition to a climate-neutral and resilient society and economy enabled through advanced climate science, pathways and responses to climate change (mitigation and adaptation) and behavioural transformations”
How can research and innovation contribute to achieving this goal?
- Advancing knowledge and providing solutions in the any of following areas: Earth system science; pathways to climate neutrality; climate change adaptation including climate services; social science for climate action; and better understanding of climate-ecosystems interactions.
- Contributing substantially to key international assessments such as those of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) or the European Environment Agency (e.g. European environment state and outlook reports, SOER).
- Strengthening the European Research Area on climate change.
- Increasing the transparency, robustness, trustworthiness and practical usability of the knowledge base on climate change for use by policy makers, practitioners, other stakeholders and citizens.
Call topics for 2022
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-01: Verification and reconciliation of estimates of climate forcers
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-02: Development of high-resolution Earth system models for global and regional climate change projections
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-03: Improvement of Integrated Assessment Models in support of climate policies
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-04: Supporting the formulation of adaptation strategies through improved climate predictions in Europe and beyond
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-05: Let nature help do the job: Rewilding landscapes for carbon sequestration, climate adaptation and biodiversity support
Budget: 87 MEUR
Link Zur Destination im Funding & Tenders Portal mit Auflistung der Call Topics im Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22] finden Sie hier.
Link zum Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22: wp-8-climate-energy-and-mobility_horizon-2021-2022_en.pdf (europa.eu)